Hot on the heels of our fresh new look, we’re moving full steam ahead with our team expansion. We’re currently searching for a copywriter to join our team. If you have a minimum of two year’s experience, can write blogs, PRs and web content and have a real passion for words, read on!
Starting salary: circa £18,000
Does this sound like you?
We are recruiting an experienced copywriter for our PR, content and digital marketing agency as our workload expands. You must be able to create press releases, blog posts, website and social media content. PRs should be written to newsroom standards and you will be familiar with PRWeb guidelines.
You thrive in a busy environment, can juggle deadlines and prioritise workload while keeping a calm head.
You’re comfortable writing for all online formats, can show examples of your work and present a varied portfolio.
You must have a minimum of two years PR or copywriting experience.
You have an understanding of digital marketing and its various components, including how content fits into that.
Copywriters work as part of a young, fun and expanding team in our Mansfield office – centrally located with good transport links from Nottingham, Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield and surrounding areas.
Responsibilities will span creating content for online and offline use. Typical workloads will include creating client PR and blog planners, editorial calendars, producing press releases, blog posts, web copy and social media posts. You’ll speak to press and handle media queries on behalf of your clients, take client meetings and contribute to team tasks.
You will have support from the rest of the team and opportunities to extend your skill set with numerous training opportunities and internal promotion possibilities.
Typical tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Campaign planning – you’ll devise planners and suggest routes for client content to improve web presence, gain editorial coverage and make the client’s owned media channels engaging and timely.
- PR Writing: Excellent writing skills are non-negotiable. You’ll be an all rounder, able to produce ‘journalist quality’ press releases every time, no matter the subject. You must be familiar with PRWeb or AP guidelines and able to structure your press releases using the pyramid format.
- Blog Post writing
- Producing website copy
- You will be responsible for proofing your own work and producing flawless content that can be confidently presented to our clients
- Media relationship management and media outreach: Identify coverage opportunities and build relationships with relevant journalists and bloggers to facilitate press coverage via proactive outreach and media relationship management.
- Industry awareness: You’ll be expected to have a strong industry awareness and be consistent about keeping your skill set and knowledge current, this will allow your copy to be on tone, on message, timely and relevant every time
What we’re looking for:
- Ideally you will have experience within a newsroom, PR agency content production environment or digital agency. Previous freelance experience is also acceptable.
- Writing skills – excellent writing skills with the ability to create engaging content in a range of tones and styles across a number of formats.
- Journalistic awareness – a strong understanding of the media, editorial requirements and what ‘makes’ a story so that the copy you create is useful and performs well for the client.
- Be a creative thinker able to brainstorm ideas for new content every month and present them to client.
- A passion for digital and a commitment to staying on top of industry trends, developments and technologies.
- Strong communication and reporting skills.
- Excellent organisation practises and the ability to manage your own workload.
- Team player who works well under pressure.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary with uncapped room to grow when proven
- An interesting, challenging role with a range of clients and the chance to work on household name campaigns as well as make a difference to micro and small businesses
- A fun working environment with the opportunity for advancement
- Ongoing training both as a writer and a digital marketer
Does this sound like a role for you? Get in touch with your CV, cover letter and one or two examples of your most recent work.