Following the successful launch, last September, of CasparCloud, Trojan Consultants have today announced another extensive development project, this time for Professional Deputies in the Legal sector.
Coming this Autumn, from the financial software experts, is CasparLaw; a financial management application that promotes regulatory compliance. Keeping pace with the ever-increasing administrative burdens and challenging regulatory demands that Professional Deputies face, CasparLaw is built on the foundations lain by Trojan’s industry-leading solution, CasparCloud, already in use by a number of local authorities across the country.
From this solid base, and resulting from close collaboration with stakeholders across the profession, including legal firms, industry, and regulatory bodies, CasparLaw is set to be the essential Financial Management tool, enabling Court of Protection Teams to:
- Meet ever-evolving regulatory requirements.
- Protect against reputational risk.
- Actively enhance business growth opportunities.
- Alleviate competitive threats.
- Advance the quality of the services they provide.
Throughout thirty-eight years as leading financial software specialists in the public sector – fifteen of them specifically in court of protection solutions – Trojan Consultants have dedicated themselves to continually developing world-class financial care software that mitigates the workload involved in managing the financial affairs of vulnerable individuals.
They believe that CasparLaw will be the next and best stage in that quest; a powerful software application providing flexibility, versatility, and dependability, allowing users to handle complex and varied asks, scale to meet future demands, aid efficiency across practices, recover more costs, and delegate work effectively. It will also aid conformity with industry obligations such as those set by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Product Manager Geri Rawlins, highlights how her previous experience managing property and financial affairs as part of Legal 500 and Chambers ranked Court of Protection teams as well as at a large local authority, has assisted the development, saying,
“I have thoroughly enjoyed the project of developing a next stage Lawtech solution. I believe that the work that deputies do is absolutely crucial to the financial and general well-being of their clients, and therefore our solution had to reflect that – ensuring it supports and facilitates the complex and demanding work that deputies and their teams do as well as promoting best practice. Best practice is again a real focus area for me, and the compliance reassurance that CasparLaw will deliver reflects just that.”
Supportive of that, the core goal of the development project has been described as ‘designing with regulation, compliance, and efficiency in mind to ultimately promote the best interests of clients’, thus resulting in robust, industry-leading functionality, including:
- An intuitive user interface with data driven dashboard including diary functions, alerts and notification options.
- A fully integrated client record, centralising all client and financial data including deputyship and trust information, capacity status, care funding and medical details.
- Comprehensive account reconciliation utilising bank files and paper statements at the touch of a button, including budget forecasting with real-time updates as transactions are reconciled.
- Configurable checklists, Office of the Public Guardian reports, and system generated Court of Protection application forms.
- Customisable and standard reports, across all data held in the application, including full OPG reporting, plus detailed reports for litigators and financial advisors whenever they need them.
- An innovative capability set developed through extensive work with stakeholders across the industry, including legal firms and industry bodies.
The move to bring another new product to market shows the enthusiasm from the team at Trojan to enhance best practice and assist with the adoption of compliant measures across industries. They aim to continue to do this by ensuring their products set a high bar for financial management and improve outcomes in the best interests of individuals whose affairs are managed by court-appointed deputies.
Managing Director, Trevor Milsom, leads the expansion of the organisation and says,
“I’m proud that we are able to deliver a bespoke solution for deputyship teams and that, as we continue working with the industry, we will be part of the ongoing drive to raise and maintain standards, ensuring the best outcomes for clients whose finances are being managed.”
Interested parties can now get in touch with Trojan to request a short demonstration of the solution that’s coming soon via the product page: www.trojanconsultants.com/casparlaw