We are looking for an experienced and brilliant copywriter to join our team to deliver journalist grade PR and digital copy for a variety of client projects.
The person we are looking for will be a copywriting talent, able to produce against a range of copywriting elements including blog posts, social media posts, press releases and web page copy to name a few.
As the right individual, you should be able to demonstrate a varied portfolio, showing you are capable of working on campaigns across a range of industries and writing about a range of topics from travel, food and property to fashion, finance and technology.
You will thrive in a busy environment with the ability to juggle deadlines and prioritise workload while keeping the quality of your work both compelling and impeccable. You’ll have digital knowledge and be an exceptional communicator.
About Dakota Digital
We are a well-established, vibrant and fast growing boutique PR, copywriting and digital marketing agency. Created as a hybrid between digital marketing excellence and superior PR & copywriting production. We work with a diverse range of brands, including big brand household names and innovative start-ups.
We specialise in blended content & digital campaigns, delivering high profile press coverage, engaging and compelling content and helping clients to build their brand footprint.
We have particular experience in health & fitness, beauty & fashion, technology, food & drink and start-ups/crowdfunding.
More About the Role
The copywriter position will work as part of a modest yet young, fun and quickly expanding team. This role is based in our Mansfield agency office but we are open to hiring remote workers if we find the right talent at a distance.
Copywriting projects and tasks vary greatly but given we are primarily a digitally focussed agency, these will typically include: creating editorial planners, producing press releases, blog posts, web copy, brochure content, email marketing content and social media posts.
While you will have a team around you and continuous support, you are expected to be able to manage your projects relatively autonomously. We would also expect this individual to be a proactive thinker, delivering above and beyond to meet and exceed our client’s expectations by providing superior work.
You will have support from your team with opportunities to extend your skill set with fantastic training opportunities and internal promotion openings.
Typical tasks and responsibilities will include:
- PR Writing: Excellent writing skills are non-negotiable. You’ll be an all-rounder, able to produce ‘journalist quality’ press releases every time no matter the subject. Examples of your previous PRs required.
- Blog post writing. Examples of your previous blogs are required.
- Web copy including on page content, titles and meta descriptions
- You will be responsible for proofing your own work and producing flawless content that can be confidently presented to the client.
- Workload: You’ll be responsible for managing your own workload, scheduling in key deadlines and ensure all work is provided on time and to the required standard. This will include working with other members of the team to access resources when needed.
- Industry awareness: You’ll be expected to have a strong industry awareness and be consistent about keeping your skill set and knowledge current, this will allow your copy to be on tone, on message, timely and relevant every time
What we’re looking for:
- Ideally you will have experience within a newsroom, at a PR/ digital agency or within an in-house PR department.
- Writing skills – excellent writing skills with the ability to create engaging content in a range of tones and styles.
- Journalistic awareness – a strong understanding of the media, editorial requirements and what ‘makes’ a story so that the copy you create is useful and performs well for the client
- Be a creative thinker able to brainstorm ideas for new content that meets defined content marketing goals and engages the audience
- A passion for digital and a commitment to staying on top of industry trends, developments and technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisation practises and the ability to manage your own workload
- Team player who works well under pressure
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to develop your skill set and add nationally-recognised qualifications to your CV with a range of training opportunities from diplomas and certificates to away days
- An interesting, challenging role with a range of clients and the chance to work on household name campaigns as well as make a difference to micro and small businesses
- A competitive salary which is regularly reviewed against your performance
- A fun working environment with the opportunity for advancement
Job Type: Full-time & Part Time Roles Available
Salary: £16,000 – £19,000 PA based on experience and interview.
To apply, email email@example.com with your CV, covering letter, salary expectations and an outline of what you can bring to our team.